PERSONAL SERVICES CONTRACTOR VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER 02 – 14
OPEN TO : All Interested Candidates
POSITION : Safety and Security Manager (SSM)
WORK HOURS : Full time
GRADE LEVEL & SALARY : PSC ( per year) (if an applicant does not meet all required qualifications for the position and is selected for the position, he/she may be hired at a lower grade tham the position classification grade).
The United States Peace Corps/Mali seeks a Safety and Security Manager based in Bamako. The role of the Safety and Security Manager is to support security-related functions (i.e. site inspection and selection, Volunteer site visits, emergency planning, incident response, etc.) that are critical to post operations and Volunteer support. The SSM reports to the Country Director (CD) who manages day to day.
- Supports and Verifies Safe ty and Security Policy Implementation
- Coordinates Safe ty and Security Training
- Supports Home -Stays and Site Identification
- Manages Incident Reporting and Response
- Advises on Safe ty and Security Policy and Prograrn
- Prepares for and Responds to Emergencies
- Acts as Safe ty and Security Liaison
- Analyzes Crime Trends
9.S hares Information with relevant staff
- Develops Resources and Policy related to safety & security of the PCVs
- Coordinates Duty Officer Program
- Other duties as assigned
- TDY Travel (The Contractor is subject to worldwide availability and may be requested by the Peace Corps to be reassigned or transferred permanently to another Peace Corps Post/Headquarters or perform temporary duties (TDY) as required and to travel to other assignments within Peace Corps’ as assigned.
QUALIFICATlONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Qualifications, skills and attributes required to perform the duties of the post include:
- Experience with safety and security programs of Peace Corps or experience with safety and security programs of similar NGO/development organizations or relevant professional security or law enforcement experience
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other organizations, including local law enforcement, criminal justice, emergency management and other NGO/developme nt agencies;
- Ability to analyze crime trends and other risks and propose mitigation strategies;
- Demonstrated organizationa 1 and communication skills;
- Demonstrated English proficiency, both written and oral;
- Demonstrated local language fluency;
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office Suite, and other basic computer knowledge;
- Ability to conduct training and give presentations, in both English and a local language;
- A high school diploma (or local equivalent); collge degree preferred.
The person must be able to multi-task, and feel comfortable working collaboratively with colleagues from multicultural bacgrounds. The incumbent must also be able to work independently, and communicate effectively wiht minimal supervision.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested applicants for this position must submit the following or the application will not be considered
- A resume or C.V that includes:
. Professional positions held, identifying duties, responsibilities, dates of employment and reason for
. Education and training, identifying universities attended, dates of attendance, degrees and diplomas.
.Professionallicenses, Certificates, Registrations
. An accounting for periods of unemployment longer than three months
- Three professional references. (One must be from the current employer.)
- Photocopies of:
Academie diplomas. Please note, in addition to a copy of the academie diploma, the applicant must submit
an officiai academie transcript and curriculum.
Certificates of ail post graduate training, internships, residencies, fellowships
- A cover letter
- Any other documentation [e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that ad dresses the qualification requirements ofthe position as listed above.
All documents must be in English. Officiai translation is not required.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Attention: Director of Management and Operation, Peace Corps Mali in Bamako
Applications will only be accepted by email to: pcmalijobs@.peacecorps.gov
A detailed scope of work for the positions can also be requested by emailing: pcmalijobs@.peacecorps.gov
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA: The United States Peace Corps is an equal opportunity employer.
NB: Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted